The Road to a Brilliant Smile With Full Mouth Reconstruction
Posted by Lagos Periodontics & Dental Implants Jan 28, 2024
Full mouth reconstruction is a comprehensive and transformative dental procedure designed to address multiple oral health issues. It involves a combination of various treatments and procedures to rehabilitate the entire mouth, including teeth, gums, and jawbone.
This restorative process aims to improve both the function and aesthetics of your smile. Whether you have missing teeth, damaged or decayed teeth, gum disease, bite misalignment, or any other dental problems that affect your overall oral health, full mouth reconstruction can provide the solution you've been searching for.
Types of Procedures Involved
When it comes to full mouth reconstruction, there are various treatment options available depending on your specific dental needs. Each procedure is designed to address different aspects of your oral health and restore the function and aesthetics of your smile. Here are some common types of procedures involved in a full mouth reconstruction:
- Dental Implants: This procedure involves replacing missing teeth with artificial tooth roots that are surgically implanted into the jawbone. Dental implants provide a strong foundation for prosthetic teeth, restoring both form and function.
- Crowns and Bridges: Crowns are custom-made caps that cover damaged or decayed teeth, while bridges replace one or more missing teeth by anchoring them onto neighboring healthy teeth.
- Orthodontics: If you have crooked or misaligned teeth, orthodontic treatments such as braces can help straighten them out over time.
- Gum Contouring: This procedure reshapes the gum line to improve the appearance of a "gummy" smile or correct uneven gum tissue.
- TMJ Treatment: Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders can cause pain and difficulty in jaw movement. Full mouth reconstruction may involve treatments like splints or physical therapy to alleviate TMJ symptoms.
- Periodontal Therapy:Gum disease can damage gums and supporting structures around the teeth. Scaling and root planing, as well as other periodontal procedures, may be necessary to restore gum health.
- Veneers/Laminates: Thin porcelain shells called veneers can be bonded to the front surface of imperfect natural teeth to enhance their appearance by improving color, shape, size, or length.
Each individual's treatment plan will vary based on their unique needs and goals for their smile restoration journey.
Benefits of a Brilliant Smile Through Full Mouth Reconstruction
With full mouth reconstruction, the benefits go far beyond just improving your smile. It can truly be life-changing. Here are some of the incredible advantages that come with achieving a brilliant smile through this transformative process:
- Enhanced Confidence: A beautiful smile can boost your self-esteem and confidence levels. When you feel good about your teeth and overall appearance, it radiates in every aspect of your life.
- Improved Oral Health: Full mouth reconstruction not only addresses cosmetic concerns but also focuses on restoring functionality and health to your mouth. By repairing damaged or decayed teeth, correcting bite issues, or treating gum disease, you'll experience better oral health overall.
- Restored Functionality: Missing or damaged teeth can make eating and speaking difficult. With full mouth reconstruction procedures like dental implants or dentures, you'll regain proper chewing ability and clear speech.
- Long-lasting Results: The durability of modern restorative materials ensures long-term success for full mouth reconstruction treatments. By following proper oral hygiene practices and regular dental check-ups, you can expect your new smile to last for years to come.
- Facial Rejuvenation: As we age, our facial features may change due to tooth loss or misaligned jaws, affecting the structure of our face over time. Full mouth reconstruction procedures can help restore facial harmony by addressing these underlying issues.
- Lasting Investment in Your Overall Well-being: Investing in full-mouth restoration is an investment in yourself - physically as well as emotionally! Achieving a healthy and attractive smile contributes positively to overall mental wellness, too!
At LAGOS Periodontics & Dental Implants, Rodrigo A. Lagos, DDS, MS, practices a full scope of periodontics with expertise in preventive periodontics, cosmetic periodontal surgery, gum grafting, and dental implants. To schedule an appointment, call us at 760-568-3421 or visit our practice at 36945 Cook St., Suite 101, Palm Desert, CA 92260.